I’m collecting interesting lists of books. You can see all the entries here.
A list of fourteen books and two short stories which Ernest Hemingway scribbled down for student Arnold Samuelson, when Samuelson travelled to meet him on Key West. For the full story, visit Dangerous Minds. The short stories were ‘The Blue Hotel’ and ‘The Open Boat’ by Stephen Crane.
- Madame Bovary – Gustave Flaubert
- Dubliners – James Joyce
- The Red and the Black – Stendhal
- Of Human Bondage – Somerset Maugham
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- War and Peace – Leo Tolstoy
- Buddenbrooks – Thomas Mann
- Hail and Farewell – George Moore
- The Brothers Karamazov – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Oxford Book of English Verse
- The Enormous Room – by E.E. Cummings
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Far Away and Long Ago – W.H. Hudson
- The American – Henry James